Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Belm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I plan to get a 32GB iPod Touch in about 2 weeks and I want to buy some apps now. Can I buy the apps before I get the Touch? I think the apps that I want are on sale right now or something because the prices are like $1.99 where they should be more.

Also, I plan to buy a Macbook early next year, but right now I have a Windows desktop. Will the apps transfer over like music? Sorry for the dumb questions, this will be my first iPod Touch. :p

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
I think you can buy the apps before you get the Touch.
I'm in the same situation as you. Some apps are on sale, so I just downloaded them, without the Touch. I don't know if you can transfer them (Though I would think you can.)

Belm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I think you can buy the apps before you get the Touch.
I'm in the same situation as you. Some apps are on sale, so I just downloaded them, without the Touch. I don't know if you can transfer them (Though I would think you can.)

I sure hope that I can. I'd be pretty mad to have a bunch of apps that I can't use

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
I would say that too.
I've downloaded like 100 apps :/
If I can't use them, I'm going to face palm so hard >.>

granavefenix

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
You can donwload many apps as you like without having your iPod Touch yet. When you will sync your new iPod Touch with iTunes, your apps will be installed in it.

I did it while witing for my iPod Touch 32 GB 1 year ago.....

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, you can download apps before buying the touch.

And yes, you will be able to transfer all of your apps from your PC to your Mac when you buy it.

Belm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Yes, you can download apps before buying the touch.

And yes, you will be able to transfer all of your apps from your PC to your Mac when you buy it.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to hear. Let the impulse buying begin! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.