Question about AT&T Authorized User..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FSUSem1noles, Jun 18, 2008.

1. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I have a quick question, I am attending a friends bachelor party on July 11th so I won't be able to head to the Apple store, if I add my fiance as an "Authorized User" on the AT&T page does that enable her to be able to upgrade my 2G IPhone to the 3G???

Thanks in advance!

2. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

I believe that is the case. Best go into an AT&T store to do it and you will know for sure. Are you going to trust her with your credit card :D

3. FSUSem1noles thread starter macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

That was going to be my next question, I figured it would deserve a separate thread though.. :D

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just ensure the person(s) that you are adding to your account are "authorized" to add or make changes to your account. They will need to know the last (4) of the account holders SSN and any key answers to your security questions. I've authorized (3) others on my Family Plan, to make changes, but they were authorized via phone call to AT&T by myself. :cool:

5. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

I think you're safe as I believe that as an existing customer they just add it to your monthly bill (they did when I got my iPhone). :D

6. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Why not enjoy the bachelor party and wake up on July 12th to get your iphone? That way you will have an excuse to get out of the house and get rid of that hangover by celebrating with your new iphone 3G!

7. FSUSem1noles thread starter macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I thought about that, but we're supposed to play golf Saturday morning.. so Saturday is pretty much going to be a wash also...

Come to think of it, I may have to let the Fiance use the credit card to "buy" her love for that weekend.. lol