Question about AT&T data usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cdaddy112, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Cdaddy112 macrumors member

Why can't we have rollover data? If I buy a 6 pack of soda I get to drink the whole 6 pack, whether I drink it all in one week or I drink it in 6 weeks, I get to keep what I pay for. I pay for 2 gb, why don't I get to keep it after 30 days if there is some left? It just seems grossly unfair, god forbid I go over and AT&T is on me in seconds, but if Im under the remaining data just disappears into the data usage twilight zone, what do you guys think?

2. 617aircav Suspended

3. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I have about 4500 rollover minutes I will never use.

Data on the other hand, even with unlimited it wouldn't be worth it to them

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

5. Cdaddy112 thread starter macrumors member

so a greedy multi-billion dollar conglomerate would lose some money so I should just bend over and take it?? That just doesnt make much sense to me...

6. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

Then actually do something and switch carriers instead of spouting trite, juvenile, left wing gibberish.

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

I think rollover data would be a great idea. They would probably have to make data more expensive than it is now though. I was thinking AT&T would do it when they started doing shared data since they always made a big deal about it with their minutes, but I was wrong. It would be cool to be able to be able to pay for slightly more than you need so some months you could go way over without being charged extra.

8. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

This is what I'm doing... to Sprint with the next iPhone. Come to me, unlimited LTE data. Yes, Sprint isn't the best, but it's going to be just fine and in a few years, will be great again when the WiMax is integrated into LTE. :D

9. lazard macrumors 65816

because bandwidth is ridiculously expensive in the US.