Question about AT&T Family Message plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stuckinneutral, Jun 28, 2010.

1. stuckinneutral macrumors member

I just got an i4 and love it. I gave my 3GS to my wife to use.. She is on her parents at&t family plan. She had a dumb phone and just transfered the SIM card to the iPhone. So far the text/phone calls/ WiFi works with no issues. She stays off Internet when she is on 3G. We noticed today that the phone on AT&T shows a 3GS now.... im guessing they know and theres a chance they will add a data plan but nothing has changed on features so far..

My question is, her family has the Unlimited Message plan that is shared across all lines (there are 5 phone lines) for $30.... If they make her add a Data plan, we can handle that but will they make her add a SEPARATE message plan because its an iPhone?

Thanks for any help on this question!:D

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Well...I can't think of a single reason as to why they should...but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't.

3. dborja macrumors 6502a

If you mean the Family Text (SMS) Plan then she is covered by that, too. There are three of us in our family plan and we use the unlimited family text plan.

4. Wailord macrumors 6502

5. Peabody macrumors regular

The iPhone data plan that they will automatically add will not affect the family unlimited messaging, nor her ability to continue to have unlimited messaging. I have a similar setup for my family with multiple iphones.

Now the real question is what plan will they auto enroll her on? unlimited, 2G or 200MB? That part I couldn't answer...

Dumb aside: Why hasn't AT&T come up with some sort of family plan options for iPhone data? Now that would be useful...if it was cost effective and or was cheaper than multiple individual data plans. :)

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

This. I just did the same thing.