Question about AT&T's 30 day return policy and upgrade eligibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dranakin, Oct 8, 2011.

1. dranakin macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I read some of their policy pages and spoke to two different reps, but I got two different answers. Maybe someone here can help...

Let's say I return my iPhone 4S bought with an upgraded contract within the 30 day period (hypothetical!). Does the new two-year contract go away and I'm back to my original terms before I signed a new contract (and thereby preserving my upgrade eligibility)? Much thanks.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If the AT&T reps can't seem to sort it out, I seriously doubt any Forum members will be able to give you greater insight

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes the new contract is terminated and your upgrade eligibility should be reset. It is often not instant and may take up to 48-72 hours depending on the day of your return. Just make sure the RSC resets your contract status. You can also return the iPhone and keep the new contract and have your upgrade eligibilty reset.

Note: Don't plan on returning an AT&T iPhone 4S and rushing to Apple to use your upgrade again the same day. :eek:

You will also have to pay the return fee for the iPhone since you would not be swapping to a different phone within the 30 day window.

Dave

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Policy will go back to the original and the upgrade date will go back to the original. Although the date may be a few days to reflect.

5. dranakin thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks for the input! I'm glad others have had experience with something similar.