Question about back to school MB deals.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Germwise, May 2, 2009.

1. Germwise macrumors regular

Sorry!
    You've stumbled onto another one of those buy now or wait posts! I don't want to bore you guys with my indecision, but I had a question regarding a lot of the back to school deals people are talking about.

I'm interested in getting a unibody probably 2.4.

I see them for sale now refurb 1299.

I've heard though that apple will have in june the buy a mac get a free ipod. I have a 1g Ipod touch and don't really need another.

My question is... will the refurb price drop at all during this time? I haven't paid attention to previous years.

My second question is this: is there a grace period for apple? Like if I buy my MB and the next day they are upgraded, does mac allow me to exchange?

I'm BRAND NEW to macs. I've been curious about them for a while and made a hackingtosh on my netbook but find it too slow and really problematic to connect to wifi networks etc. I'm a Grad student in molecular biology and everyone around me seems to use them!

I really don't need another laptop. I have a work laptop, my home desktop and a small netbook to take to and from work... BUT ITS JUST SO SHINY!

Anyway, Let me know what you guys think.

--Marcelo

P.S. what kind of employee discount does apple offer? a good friend of mine works at a store but I don't know if I should bug him about it.

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

The prices of refurbs vary depending on what parts of the laptop were refurbished. If more parts were replaced due to old ones dying out, then chances are it'll be cheaper. That's why there are so many options. I cannot say anything about the price of refurbs in general during a certain time period though.