Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spoogwiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Hi macforums !! I have a macbook pro with TONS of software, and i want to back all of it up. I also have an airport extreme base station that i use as my router. Now, can someone give me a step by step tutorial on HOW i back up my mac to the station? I am literally CLUELESS on how to do it... ive beeen seing tons of tutorials online... but the seem to miss something, and thats where i get confused. Id be greatly appreciated if someone can help me. Thanks so much !!! :D

surflordca

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Hi macforums !! I have a macbook pro with TONS of software, and i want to back all of it up. I also have an airport extreme base station that i use as my router. Now, can someone give me a step by step tutorial on HOW i back up my mac to the station? I am literally CLUELESS on how to do it... ive beeen seing tons of tutorials online... but the seem to miss something, and thats where i get confused. Id be greatly appreciated if someone can help me. Thanks so much !!! :D

You can download "Carbon Copy" and it is a free program. You can download "SuperDuper" not free but it is the one I use. You can even use "Time Machine" but that doesn't make a bootable copy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.