Question about backordered iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, Jul 22, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

I just placed a direct fulfillment order yesterday and can see my phone and freight backordered so im prepared to wait, but I noticed in other threads people saying that they see people who ordered before them got their iphone shipped and they were expecting theirs soon. I also see people who said there number 97 or whatever in line.

How do they know their number in the queue and how do they know other peoples iphones were shipped?

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

3. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

No.

You've figured out your ORDER ID, right?

Once you've done that, try to guess what the STARTING order ID is for your store. (Hypothetically) You ordered on Wednesday, July 16th. How many people do you think ordered in front of you?

(Hypothetically) Your order number is 22150.

(Hypothetically) You guess that 50 people have ordered before you, so you enter 22100 in the first box.

Your order number is 22150, so you enter that number, or one after it (22151) in the second box. I like to do that (adding one number after yours), because sometimes your order will not show up unless you add one number after it (I guess b/c of the way the system counts it).

You'll have to keep guessing (plugging in numbers like 22123 or whatever) as to how many people ordered in front of you.

This will also work for http://www.wheresmydamniphone.com/queue.php, although I would suggest not abusing that one because the guy's server can crash and/or AT&T can block it (which is what they did to the first guy who was kind enough to create a site for us to use). AT&T can't block the iphoneorderstatus program you've downloaded.

Does that make sense?