question about baseband / problem with screen - please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluelightalarm, Aug 26, 2011.

1. bluelightalarm, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011

bluelightalarm macrumors newbie

Hi

I got a refurbished iPhone 3GS 3 weeks ago that was using iOS 4.3.5 and I installed iOS 5 beta 6 but changed my mind after install and tried to restore to 4.3.5 with iTunes which caused a lot of headache and a few late nights trying to get my iPhone working again. My baseband is now 05.16.05, I'm not sure if that's what it was before but my mother and brother got their iPhones the same time as me and they are on 05.16.02.

The main reason I am here though is because my touchscreen stopped working completely yeaterday so I took it to my local Apple Store and the Genius I saw said that there might be a loose cable inside. She took it away and came back a few minutes later and it seemed to be working again. Since getting home though I have found that there is a small area in the middle of the screen that is acting very strangely - if I'm scrolling down a page and get to that spot then it starts scrolling up! I'm also having problems selecting text in that area of the screen.

Now I was planning to take it back to the Apple Store tomorrow but am worried that they might look at the baseband and see that it's 05.16.05 and I'd be in trouble.

Can anyone offer any help or insight?

Thanks

2. jlluna macrumors 6502

I would not worry about it, i don't think they will even check to see what baseband is running on the phone. I am sure if it is not working they will probably just replace it for you.