Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cmcnichol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Not sure if this is normal, I play with my phone a lot (apps/games/email) and leave 3g on all day. Also for part of the day I was trying out push email. This is my first post so if this is in the wrong section or just a no-no in general please be gentle...
scaled.php

It's an iPhone 4 16g refurb.

Cmcnichol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Okay, thanks very much! I figured it was the games and especially since a few of them use data as well. I do have another question, is it really that bad to charge your iPhone a lot (1 to 2 times a day)? I've read in a few places people saying it kills the battery so i'm just curious.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Okay, thanks very much! I figured it was the games and especially since a few of them use data as well. I do have another question, is it really that bad to charge your iPhone a lot (1 to 2 times a day)? I've read in a few places people saying it kills the battery so i'm just curious.

Charge the phone as needed. Wherever you read that kills the battery was wrong, unless you're referring to totally letting it die. You shouldn't let it go to ~0 more often than a month or so.

BTW, you'll find MANY threads here about battery life. It's common for a new user to come here and sweat about their batteries. Anyway, you can read them (most of us all have), but after you get used to having an iPhone, you may stop worrying so much.

Cmcnichol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, I guess I'm just not used to actually using my phone for more than texting. Once I've had it for a while I probably won't fiddle with it as much and it'll last longer as well. Thank you for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.