Question about Belkin Invisiglass screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jrs22, May 16, 2017.

1. jrs22, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017

jrs22 macrumors 6502

For better or for worse I had the Apple Store person install a Belkin Invisiglass Ultra on my brand-new iPhone 7. I need a protective case and I was thinking about the Otterbox Commuter. Does anyone know if the screen protector interferes with the case? Is there something equally protective that definitely works with the screen protector?

2. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

The Otterbox Commuter works fine with my Zagg Lux, which I think goes much closer to the edge of the glass than does the Belkin. So you should be fine.

3. jrs22 thread starter macrumors 6502

After reading your response I was able to get the case with same-day selivery from Amazon. Now when I leave my local Verizon store after I activate my phone it'll be snug in its case. It is a bit lighter than the Otterbox case I put on my iPod touch 6 which is in-between the defender and the commuter but hopefully it's protective enough.

Since it was only $20 if I fall in love with a different case I can afford to replace it.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I'd personally go with something from EvolutiveLabs (E.g. PlayProof or SolidSuit) rather than OtterBox, but to each his own.

5. jrs22 thread starter macrumors 6502

I read through the entire thread on iPhone 7 cases and there were issues with every protective case so I decided to start out with a brand that I've had good luck with. Based on my first day's experience if I buy a second case I want it to be easier to turn off my phone in the theater. The opening on the Otter is small.