Question about Belkin Invisiglass screen protector

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
For better or for worse I had the Apple Store person install a Belkin Invisiglass Ultra on my brand-new iPhone 7. I need a protective case and I was thinking about the Otterbox Commuter. Does anyone know if the screen protector interferes with the case? Is there something equally protective that definitely works with the screen protector?

Last edited:

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
The Otterbox Commuter works fine with my Zagg Lux, which I think goes much closer to the edge of the glass than does the Belkin. So you should be fine.

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
After reading your response I was able to get the case with same-day selivery from Amazon. Now when I leave my local Verizon store after I activate my phone it'll be snug in its case. It is a bit lighter than the Otterbox case I put on my iPod touch 6 which is in-between the defender and the commuter but hopefully it's protective enough.

Since it was only $20 if I fall in love with a different case I can afford to replace it.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
After reading your response I was able to get the case with same-day selivery from Amazon. Now when I leave my local Verizon store after I activate my phone it'll be snug in its case. It is a bit lighter than the Otterbox case I put on my iPod touch 6 which is in-between the defender and the commuter but hopefully it's protective enough.

Since it was only $20 if I fall in love with a different case I can afford to replace it.
I'd personally go with something from EvolutiveLabs (E.g. PlayProof or SolidSuit) rather than OtterBox, but to each his own.

Reactions: AE14 and Will22

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
I'd personally go with something from EvolutiveLabs (E.g. PlayProof or SolidSuit) rather than OtterBox, but to each his own.
I read through the entire thread on iPhone 7 cases and there were issues with every protective case so I decided to start out with a brand that I've had good luck with. Based on my first day's experience if I buy a second case I want it to be easier to turn off my phone in the theater. The opening on the Otter is small.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.