• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Havok83

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2012
The iPad Air listing says "starting at $449" and save $50-70, but has the 16gb listed. So Im guessing more than one model will be on sale. Am I correct to assume that the 32gb will also be on sale and at $529? or would that likely be the 16gb+cellular? I just bought a 32gb on Friday. Is there a restock fee if I return?

herdnerfer

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Saint louis, MO
Yes all iPad Airs will be on sale, most likely 32gb & below will be $50 off, 60gb & above will be $70 off.

I don't know about a restocking fee, but Best Buy has always been good about giving you your money back when things go on sale.

Last edited:
Comment

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
It would kick ass if BB would offer $50 gift card to those who bought an Air (16, 32GB) from them prior to the sale :D...but that is an obvious no effing chance

Comment

Havok83

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Yes all iPad Airs will be on sale, most likely 32gb & below will be $50 off, 60gb & above will be $70 off.

I don't know about a restocking fee, but Best Buy has always been good about giving you your money back when things go on sale.
yeah but this is BF and they don't price match that weekend. They are in their holiday return policy phase right? I think I just might return my iPad this weekend just to be safe and rebuy at the end of the month

ETA: Are you sure all Airs are on sale? I went to BB's website to look at the ad again and when I click the listing, it only shows the 16gb silver and black with a sale price with no links to the others

So do you just walk into a Bb store or do you have to be early?

I plan to do 80% of my shopping online and hope this is an online item

Last edited:
Comment

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2008
yeah but this is BF and they don't price match that weekend. They are in their holiday return policy phase right? I think I just might return my iPad this weekend just to be safe and rebuy at the end of the month

ETA: Are you sure all Airs are on sale? I went to BB's website to look at the ad again and when I click the listing, it only shows the 16gb silver and black with a sale price with no links to the others

I plan to do 80% of my shopping online and hope this is an online item

Not sure if this is an online item, but I called my local Best Buy store and apparently it's only the SILVER iPad Air they're offering at $449.

Comment

sarakn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2013
Black Friday sales people line up for hours.

No way in hell am I going to do that. I'll pay the $60 now and let others deal with the stampede while I'm home nursing Thxgiving hangover.

Comment

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
The iPad Air listing says "starting at $449" and save $50-70, but has the 16gb listed. So Im guessing more than one model will be on sale. Am I correct to assume that the 32gb will also be on sale and at $529? or would that likely be the 16gb+cellular? I just bought a 32gb on Friday. Is there a restock fee if I return?

Most likely $50 off for all wifi versions and $70 off for LTE versions.

Comment

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Best buy won't give out gift cards if you already made the purchase. To me the 50 bucks isn't worth standing in line anyway.

Comment

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Best buy will also choose how many to sell at that price.
They are trying to get you in the store.

I hate Best Buy anyway.

Comment

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
FWIW Microcenter has the WiFi Airs discounted $40 today. Also Target will have them on sale BF as well. Likely Apple too and every other store that sells iPads.

Comment

Havok83

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Best buy won't give out gift cards if you already made the purchase. To me the 50 bucks isn't worth standing in line anyway.
thats why I'll try online. I got almost all my wanted deals from their online website last year

Comment

Saturn1217

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2008
If the Bestbuy discount for the iPad Air 32gb is only $50 and perhaps only in store then wouldn't it be ok to settle for Apple's discount ($41?) which will definitely be available online?

I am strongly considering returning my 16gb iPad Air and waiting for black friday to upgrade to the 32gb version. Feel kind of bad but if I can upgrade for ~60 instead of $100+ dollars (with tax) that seems worth it no?

I've never really done the black friday shopping before. Do online black friday sales start at midnight?

Comment

darngooddesign

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA

When you called Best Buy, what did they tell you?

Comment

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
They most certainly will offer the gift card if you ask the right manager. Odds are I will upgrade my 32GB for a 64GB if the deal is offered.

As for waiting in line, no choice. iPod touch and last gen Kindle Fire HD ($99) on sale.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.