Question about Bluetooth speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PatriotInvasion, Nov 8, 2012.

1. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

So I just picked up the JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker to use with my MacBook Pro and iPhone. It got great reviews compared to pricier alternatives from Jawbone and Bose.

While it sounds great with music, there is about a 0.3 second lag that makes watching video useless because the mouth is out of sync with the audio. Is this common with ALL Bluetooth speakers when using for video or is there likely an issue with my Bluetooth connection? :confused:

If its a limitation with all Bluetooth speakers, I'll be going back to the traditional wired route.

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I have found that it is a limitation with all bluetooth speakers because the audio is being sent wirelessly while the video is not going anywhere.

3. PatriotInvasion thread starter macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

Well, the Jambox speaker promotes its use for all media (music, videos, etc). I find it hard to believe that they'd advertise it for movies when the audio sync is garbage:confused:

The odd thing is that sometimes it appears the audio and video are in sync and other videos its off by a lot. Wonder why that is...