Question about bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shannonbrooke, Apr 18, 2012.

1. shannonbrooke, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

shannonbrooke macrumors member

I bought a bluetooth speaker on Amazon, which is the first bluetooth speaker I have ever bought. I've always just been a headphones kind of girl, so I'm sorry if this question is silly, but the instructions and the seller are no help. So...I paired the speaker with my iPhone and it's not working, but something came up in my status bar next to the battery that I had never seen before when I paired it. (See photo)

[​IMG]

I assume this probably means the speaker's battery is low, am I right? However I tried to charge it a while and it seemed to stay the same...in general, is it better to have the device turned on or off when charging and not in use? Again, sorry for the silly question, and sorry the screenshot is so big. Lol.

2. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

When your music is up, you may need to make sure that your bluetooth is connected to the speaker itself. When you have your music up (the play button and what not), look to the right of the ">>" sign and there should be a sign that lets you decide where you are going to connect.

If thats not it, go into setting and make sure you are paired... thats all I got. haha. maybe that helped.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

if that doesn't help then it might help to tell us the model and brand details always help.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

No, that's just the Bluetooth indicator.

Depends on the specific device and what you specifically mean when you say "better". Don't assume that your notion of better is universal no matter what the topic.

5. moonman239, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

moonman239 macrumors 68000

I think that might be the battery indicator. What's the model of your speaker? A Google search might reveal a solution to your problem. I assume you've checked the volume. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that you have a faulty speaker.

Off-topic question: Is that a screenshot of your lock screen? If not, what is it a screenshot of?

----------

What he's referring to is a button that shows a triangle that is partially inside a rectangle.

6. clarabein macrumors newbie

OP - same thing happened to my brother so you are not on your own with this dilemma! I'll ask him tomorrow what he did to fix it and let you know tomorrow.

7. shannonbrooke thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for the late reply! That is my lockscreen, it's called Typophone 4. :]