Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ternify

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
I just bought the Booq Mamba Sleeve for my rMBP, after reading mostly positive reviews about it on here. I have a question though, is it supposed to have ridges on one side? I'm not talking ridges anything like the ones on Booq Viper Sleeve, but they are minimal and you can feel it from the inside. I don't know how to explain it, it's just that one side of the sleeve is not smooth/straight as the other one. So I was wondering if that was normal, or if my sleeve has a defect. I apologize if this post doesn't make any sense, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
I just bought the Booq Mamba Sleeve for my rMBP, after reading mostly positive reviews about it on here. I have a question though, is it supposed to have ridges on one side? I'm not talking ridges anything like the ones on Booq Viper Sleeve, but they are minimal and you can feel it from the inside. I don't know how to explain it, it's just that one side of the sleeve is not smooth/straight as the other one. So I was wondering if that was normal, or if my sleeve has a defect. I apologize if this post doesn't make any sense, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes thats just the way they come. I purchased one for my Air and it was the same way. It didn't meet my expectations and the inside felt very rigid and rough and thats why i returned it.

ternify

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
I did actually call them, they couldn't understand what I was talking about, they kept saying I probably have the Booq Viper. Ah this is really frustrating!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.