Question about bootcamp and macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zodrick, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Zodrick macrumors newbie

Hey folks, got a question. Love this macbook, ive had it for almost 2 and half years now, but im a gamer and lets face it, ppl dont make a lot of games for mac :/.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

I currently have around 70GBs free, I've read that Win7 64 bit needs about 20GBs to run properly in bootcamp. I really only plan on running one game on the Windows partition and its SWTOR, game looks awesome.

With whats given above, will I be able to run the game? I dont want to needlessly spend the cash if it turns out not to work.

Im not exactly sure if i could run it or not, games run great on this thing as when i bought it I made sure it could handle them with fairly good graphics.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It'll run, but you'll probably need to turn down the settings.

3. Empyre macrumors member

I run SWTOR on my MBP with the exact same processor qualifications as you, I think the kicker will be what graphics card you have. I have the 9600M GT 512 MB and the game still runs OK but only on VERY LOW settings. It's a pain but still gaming. Anyways, You'll probably end up running out of HDD space if you only have 60GB free because my windows partition is 100GB and I only have 36GB left...and I haven't installed many programs.

Good Luck