Question about BOOTCAMP.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by CR0W, Jun 17, 2009.

1. CR0W macrumors newbie

I was looking at the system requirements for Left 4 Dead today and it looks like my macbook can run L4D. I had a question though. I heard about something called Bootcamp on MACBOOK and that many people have used bootcamp to play L4D on macbooks. Can you switch between the MAC OS and Windows XP using bootcamp or is it permanent?

Or is it better not to mess with it at all? I don't want to mess up my Macbook either. Is bootcamp easy to use?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. CR0W thread starter macrumors newbie

I see. I guess I shouldn't mess with it. It seems too difficult. My macbook is the only computer that can run L4D =(.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

its really easy to set up

so easy a caveman could do it

5. CR0W thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea but since it isn't my laptop I don't wan't to mess up on accident and lock the computer or something

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I only use bootcamp to run games that will not run under OSX. You will usually get better performance under bootcamp but I don't consider it worth the annoyance of having to boot into Windows every time I want to play (unless I can not get an OSX version of the game).

Bootcamp will not harm the computer but it does grab a percentage of your hard disk space for Windows and you do need to install Windows. If it's not your laptop, I would not even consider putting bootcamp on it.

7. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

I did it for a friend who isn't very good with computers and felt the same way. I have little to no experience with macs (i'm a PC expert), but I was able to do it with NO hassle or questions. IT was very easy to do.

If your not comfortable with it though, I would suggest against it, and maybe have someone at apple do it for you.

8. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Boot Camp was actually somewhat hard that first time when you had to update the EFI and run the Boot Camp Beta Assistant.

Then again that was almost 3 years ago.