question about bouncing audio from logic pro 9

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by koban4max, Mar 13, 2014.

1. koban4max macrumors 68000

Hey guys...I've been making few tracks with LP9...when I tried to bounce so that I can hear what it sounds like....apparently the track is sounded little low...any reason why?

2. Marty62 macrumors 6502

Hi,

Could be one of several reasons, here's a few :

1 - Make sure that you DON'T use the "volume control" that appears in the bottom
    right of the main arrange page, ( small left/right slider) this directly effects the
    main stereo master output and will reduce any bounced file's level.

2 - Are use using "bounce in place" ? for individual tracks it's useful BUT will keep
    the level of that track, so if it's reduced a lot = low level !

3 - Is your main stereo out showing a fairly healthy level whilst your song is
    running and before you bounce ?

Hope that helps ?

M.

3. BigRed1 macrumors 6502

Throw that bounced track into a new "stereo master" project. Then pull up one of the mastering templates of plugins (I'm not at a mac right now, so can't remember exactly how to do this). I have to edit these quite a bit on all of my tracks (for instance, I don't like as much compression and I mess with the eq's). You can also normalize the track as part of the bouncing process from there as well.

4. Sackvillenb macrumors 6502a

Sackvillenb

yeah verify the attributes and levels of the original track, I assume you are using bounce in place... oh course, you can use the gain plug in to "fix" this later, but it's best addressed at the source...