Question about buying a MacBook Pro now

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iBookG4user, Dec 30, 2007.

  1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

    iBookG4user

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #1
    As you can see from my signature, I'll be getting a MacBook Pro soon.

    It won't be here until at least the third, so I was wondering if I will be able to exchange it for a new one if they come out at MacWorld?

    I was also wondering if it made a difference whether it was open or not as far as being able to return it or not? (I know I'd have to pay the restocking fee if it's open)

    One last thing, will I be able to return it without a receipt? (Again, would they accept it without a receipt only if it was unopened or both opened and unopened?)

    Thanks for any help I'm given :)
     
  2. steve77uk macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    It depends if you are going to get upset if when your using your shiney new MBP on the 15th if they announce another one.

    I think that they will not announce anything to replace the current MBP, but they will announce a smaller version. Who knows!?

    I bought one myself 2.6 in November but sent 2 back after I had opened them because I had a problem with the screen. It got to a stage where come the 18th Dec, I thought well I have waited this long, the 3rd replacement would not arrive until the 1st week in Jan and then the event is on the 3rd!

    Because it is only going to be a couple of weeks, I would wait until the 15th, but then again, nothing may happen and then you will think jeez, all that for nothing and then re-order one, then another event will come or it will get updated online and you will be in the same predicament...

    If your happy with it, keep it, if your having second thoughts, send it back, but if it is customised, you may be stuck.

    There is always something better coming around the corner. I bought an AppleTV about 3 months ago and I just hope I won't get miffed because they bring out a better version this month!!! It's like with the iPods, they just bring out another model and don't transfer the features backwards even though they could with a simple software update!
     
  3. griffo macrumors newbie

    griffo

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2007
    #3
    I ordered one of the SR 2.4GHz refurbished laptops for $2100 and absolutely love it. It came New Years Eve. I don't regret a thing.

    <3 :apple:
     
  4. Winglet macrumors regular

    Winglet

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2007
    Location:
    Upstate, NY
    #4
    Love MacBook Pro!

    I bought a MBP 2.6 Ghz a month ago and love it. I know their may be a smaller version coming out later this month, but I wanted the 15" screen. I converted from a Vaio with a 13" screen and now don't know how I survived for 3 years with that little display.

    Unless you absolutely must have the latest and greatest MBP, I would say go for it and get a current model. You won't be disappointed.

    Good luck:)
     
  5. .:R2theT macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Location:
    VR6
    #5
    You really should have waited. It is only two weeks to wait. And if they change the entire form factor of the MBPs(which is a possibility) I would think you would be entirely out of luck. Plus, by the looks of it you upped the RAM. If you did that through Apple you not only paid a lot more than doing it yourself, you may have made the notebook non-returnable for anything other than manufacturer defects/malfunctions.
     

Share This Page