question about buying apple care for mbp!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by romeo26, Jun 8, 2010.

1. romeo26 macrumors member

i plan on buying applecare through an apple store. do i have to bring my mbp in when i buy applecare?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Nope, not needed.

They'll sell you a box that contains an activation code. It'll have instructions for you to visit a website, where you'll enter that activation code plus your MBP's serial number. That's about it.

Make sure your MBP is less than a year old. The website won't let you activate your AppleCare if your MBP is older than a year.

If you're in college, work for a educational institute, gov't/military, or your business normally gets an Apple discount, be sure to mention it when you buy your AppleCare -- they should be able to discount the price for you. The store near me will even give you the discount if you bring a friend that qualifies, but that policy may vary by location. :)

3. Mirabella macrumors regular

You don't even need to buy it in person. You can buy it online, if you prefer. No need to present your computer to anyone; you can buy without even owning a MBP, yet. The serial number on your computer is sufficient for registering AppleCare.

4. apple.gr macrumors regular

+1

Don't forget to check your warranty status before you purchase it.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

From this link you can also activate it, when you buy it.