Question About Buying Application(s) from AppStore.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by InspectoR95, Jun 29, 2011.

1. InspectoR95 macrumors newbie

Is there any possibility to buy the applications I want, if I don't have a credit card?
    By using paysafe cards for example.
    Thanks in advance.

2. spcdust macrumors 6502a

spcdust

How about buying Apple Gift cards and just having some credit on your account.

3. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

+1, or you could also use a PayPal account.

4. InspectoR95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where can these apple gift cards be bought ? [ Note: I live in Greece ]
    As for the paypal option, I've never used a paypal before and I have no idea how it works and how I "add" money on my paypal account.
    Thanks! :apple:

5. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

You can get it from Amazon. They offer $15, $25, $50 increments. I'm sure they offer them in euros too.

6. InspectoR95 thread starter macrumors newbie

I prefer not to buy stuff from the Internet. Can I find a gift card in any shop maybe?? Can anyone also help me with paypal??

7. spcdust macrumors 6502a

spcdust

So when you buy Apps from the App Store......:confused::confused::confused:

You have your answers - investigate opening a PayPal Account or purchase Apple Gift Cards, again you live in Greece so you'll have to invetigate where they are available from - where you got your computer from, Apple re-sellers? In the UK you can buy them from Supermarkets, electrical stores etc. etc.

8. InspectoR95 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try to find an apple gift card. I've already created a paypal account.
    But I've got one last final question.
    How can I pay via paypal ? I mean the only way to pay for an application is via credit cards. On the options of payment I only see Visa, MasterCard and Amex.
    thanks in advance.

9. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

No, there's a redeem option; in the U.S. Apple gift cards are sold in supermarkets, drugstores, pretty much everywhere.

I can't imagine a large supermarket over there wouldn't have them.

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Paypal does allow you to pay through them using credit cards. You can also register your bank checking account (I don't know if they will register a savings account). In my case, my checking account is my primary account.

So when you pay through Paypal, Paypal withdraws from your checking account.

Possible problem - Paypal uses one of my credit cards to back up my checking account in case there is not enough money in my checking account to cover the purchase.

I suggest that you call Paypal. The number is 402-935-2050 in the US. (Sorry, I don't know the US country code.)

It's worth a try - possibly they can use a savings account to back up your savings account - but I'm not sure.

11. InspectoR95 thread starter macrumors newbie

My god. So many things to do just to buy some applications. I wish I would live in the US! Everything would be possible. Thanks for your help guys. I'll take everything into serious consideration and I'll see what I can do.