Question about buying from best buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maximus5403, Jun 9, 2008.

1. maximus5403 macrumors newbie

maximus5403

I am ready to get my Macbook Pro, and I am a student. I have a BestBuy credit card, will Best Buy match my Student price of $1799 for it?

Thanks

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. czarny macrumors newbie

Why not get it from Apple and get the free touch or nano?

4. maximus5403 thread starter macrumors newbie

maximus5403

I would like to buy from apple, but i really cant apply for more credit right now so bestbuy would work out the best.

5. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

i think BestBuy only matches advertised prices on their items, and i think you might have to show a flyer or the link to a website store item to show proof

i think, dont quote me on that

:apple: DJ Asian Sensation

6. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

Did you find out, I'm considering picking up a 17" from them today.

7. mox123 macrumors 6502

I hope you are not planning to charge it to your credit card and then pay it over time....personally, i would never charge anything unless I can just as well pay in full with cash....

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Absolutely nothing wrong with buying things over time. I've done that with all four of my Macs, both my cars and my house.

Following your logic, people wouldn't have new cars or own a house.

9. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

The good thing about Best Buy is they frequently have a 12 months same as cash on laptops if you have a BB card.

This means you can buy and pay a much better monthly rate with no interest.

Perfect way to play today. Just make sure you pay before the term is up or the accumulated interest will kill ya.

Back when interest rates were decent I used to drop the $ into a CD and make money over the term. Now this isn't so lucrative with crappy interest rates.

BB can also be coaxed into some freebies if you use your BB card because the default rate on the same as cash deals is pretty high (aka money maker). I have used my BB card as leverage for "free" sales tax many times.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm sure mox meant is you shouldn't do it too often since this more of luxury item rather than a necessity like a house (shelter) or car (transportation)

11. mox123 macrumors 6502

yeah sorry....didn't mean to come down as a harsh judgement call....i always look at credit cards as perks for an interest-free one-month loans PLUS free reward points for whatever in the process...

The thread starter sounded like he's borrowing credit to pay for his new mac along with interest and can't afford to buy the item right out....i see a mortgage as the only thing worth paying interest for in life....certainly not a computer nor plasma tv's....better to live within one's means and build a more solid financial future

think of the reserve cash apple and all the other big corporations are sitting on

:apple: