Question about buying Games & Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gamecube117, Mar 16, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

If I purchase a Game/App on my iPod Touch, is it possible to have it both on my iPod Touc and iPad? Or do I have to purchase it twice?

And I know I could purchase it through Wifi any where. But if I purchase it through iTunes, it will be on my iTunes... If I purchase it at, let's say, Starbucks, it won't be on my iTunes. So let's say my iPad crashes one day... I lose the game, and I can't restore it since it was never on my iTunes

And question about Cydia/Jailbreak - This program provides free, full version games, right?

2. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. perpenso macrumors newbie

App purchases are tied to your iTunes account, not the device or computer that you used. When you purchase an app a second time, regardless of whether you are using a computer or a device, Apple recognizes that the iTunes account purchased the app in the past and downloads it without actually charging you. The process starts out like a regular purchase, it states the price and asks for confirmation, but after you approve it will report that you have not been charged.

If you purchased an app with a device then when you connect the device to your computer and sync the app is transferred to the computer. It may ask if you want to do so.

When you get a second device, or replace an old device with a new device, you can sync the apps that are on your computer. Or if you want to get the app without using a computer simply go through the purchase process again on the device.

Similar story for non-consumable in-app purchases. Go through the purchase process a second time and it will recognize things you purchased in the past. Note that this is only true for non-consumables.

4. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. So even though I have some old Apps from my iPod Touch from November, I can transfer those Apps to my future iPad 3 and not get paid... Lovely. Thanks so much for the info!

5. steveschmidt85 macrumors newbie

Ohh yah, You can use same Apps/games in twice Device like iPod Touch and iPad

Cheers:)