Question about buying iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gadgetgirl85, Jan 19, 2010.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I just had a question I am wanting to buy a quad core iMac this week but know there is the potential of ilife coming out next week. Should I wait another week? I suppose my question is really is if iLife 10 is released will computers that day/the next day have ilife installed or come with it?

So say ilife 10 is released next Thursday (Australian time). Would the iMacs that Thursday come with the iLife 10 DVD? Just trying to decide when to make appt for shopping at apple store.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you wait a week then you will know where you stand. Often Macs won't ship with it immediately (it takes time to get the discs into the inventory channel) but you can have Apple send it to you for the price of shipping.

3. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I assume if I bought an imac tomorrow and ilife was released next week then I wouldn't be entitled to anything right? so it might be best to wait

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sometimes it's up to two weeks from the announcement (so you would), sometimes it's from the announcement onwards. Tends to depend if there is a shipping delay. I'd say wait.

5. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

it will take a while for the ilife10 to come on the devices due to the amount of stock apple will have [​IMG]

6. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Just wait; if Apple releases a new iLife, you either won't receive it or you'll have to pay to upgrade. At this point, waiting a week seems like a good idea.

Good luck,

Habitus :apple: