Question about buying iPod from Best Buy in Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cujoca, Apr 15, 2007.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

I'm interested in perhaps buying the 80 GB video iPod but have had some problems with previous iPods but am willing to give it a shot again. I was just wondering, at Best Buy in Canada what is the return policy if i am displeased with the product? I'm going away for 5 days and think it would be a perfect opportuinity to try out the iPod? i've heard its 14 days for electronics...Is this true, or is that just for unopened electronics?

Thanks in advance

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

it is true... just make sure u keep all packaging n receipt n u wont have a problem,, ipod must be in brand new looking condition too.. no scratches n stuff

3. emac82 macrumors 6502

I find it a little odd that you would come on macrumors and ask this question instead of asking Best Buy, but I took 30 seconds and found this for you:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/helpsection/EN/policies.asp?policiesID=2&logon=&langid=EN

How can I exchange or return items I bought in-store?

Your original receipt is required and a valid ID may be required for all returns, exchanges, price matches and warranty repair services. We accept returns and exchanges 14 days from the date of purchase on Computers, Monitors, Printers, Notebook Computers, Camcorders, Digital Cameras, Radar Detectors, and Air Conditioners. We accept returns and exchanges 30 days from the date of purchase on the remainder of our merchandise. All returns, exchanges and price adjustments must be made in the country of original purchase. Exceptions to the 30-day policy include: opened Computer Software, opened Videos and DVD movies, opened Video Games and opened Music. You may EXCHANGE these items for the same title if the original is defective. We do NOT accept returns on these items if opened and non-defective. No refund on labour or installation services. If any item is returned with any of the original package contents missing, the full purchase price will not be refunded.

4. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

it says no where there about MP3 players though...thats what is puzzling me?

5. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

6. Italchef macrumors 6502

Um...no one is really sure, so that's why I think it was suggested you contact Best Buy directly.

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Well I bought one from BB last year and returned it a few days later since I realized I really couldn't afford $400 with school payments due and they took it back no problem. I just told them that it wasn't to my liking.

8. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

I'm taking it on a 7 day trip so do you think they would return it after 10 days if it's not to my liking?

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i hate bestbuys return plocy. i had an lcd monitor with alot of stuck pixels so i went back to get a replacement one of the same model after having it for one night. they had to open it up and plug it into a computer to make sure i wasnt lying. even after that it was a hassle. not very fun

sams on the other hand is awesome. i had a regular xbox for a year and a half or 2 years. it broke i took it back to sams and they gave me a full refund! no questions asked

and i know sams sells ipods......:)