Question about buying RAM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shinderhizzle84, Nov 10, 2011.

1. shinderhizzle84 macrumors member

Hey all. I've got a 2011 Macbook Pro with a 13" screen and a 2.3 Ghz processor.

My computer sucks all forms of male genitalia and I am very disappointed with it. I will probably never buy a Macintosh based product again. But until my next laptop upgrade, which probably won't be for another several years, I'm stuck with this lump of crap. So I've decided that I want to invest a bit of money in it to upgrade the RAM in the hopes that it will move faster than it does now, which is painfully slow.

Does putting outside RAM into my macbook pro void my extended warranty? I'm not sure and I can't find anything in my warranty about upgrading the RAM, so I want to be extra sure. I've found a ton of awesome cheap RAM on newegg.com and then when I went on apple.com to see what kind of RAM they had available for my laptop, they had the equivalent of what I was seeing on newegg for about 20 times the price. I found a 1600 DDR3 of 8 GB for 40 dollars on newegg, and apple is selling the EXACT SAME THING for 400. Which is laughable. When I see prices like these I'm glad Steve Jobs died young, because he deserved to die young for stealing my money like that.

Anyways, before I get yelled at by everyone on here for my comments, I'll stop before I exemplify my extreme frustration even further and alienate every single person on these boards who's able to help me.

Is it OK for me to put RAM not being sold by the extortion racket known as Apple Industries into my Macbook Pro, or does it void the warranty?

2. ModestMoo macrumors 6502

ModestMoo

Those ram's cost that much because Apple itself upgrades it I think.

3. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

You might look at the manual that came with your Macbook Pro. In it, you will discover step by step directions for changing RAM, as well as the precise specifications for the RAM you should use.

Hint: It is NOT 1600 MHz.

If you're that unhappy with it, sell the darn thing and get something you'll like more.

4. vaxt macrumors newbie

Next time you want to ask a question, try asking it without being a complete *******; asserting your satisfaction with someone dying of cancer is never tasteful.