Question about canceling a transaction on ebay...help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jaminthejar, Aug 10, 2009.

1. jaminthejar macrumors member

Hey guys. So, on Saturday, I sold an item on Ebay. Since it was Saturday, I said in the invoice if they could get the payment to me, the earliest I could send it out was Monday.

I get an email from him today saying that he did NOT bid on this item, and that a friend of his must have gotten onto his account. Regardless of whether or not this is true (don't really care), I opened a case in the Resolution Center for him to cancel the transaction (reason: the user bid in error).

I THEN get an email that says the buyer has DENIED the transaction cancelation...which I do not get at all, because if he didn't want the item, he would've logically just canceled it.

I go back to the Resolution Center to open a new case to have him cancel it again, and regardless of what I do, it will not let me open a new case, because there has already been a case closed regarding that transaction.

I have since relisted my item in the meantime, but still have a note on my.ebay saying that I am awaiting a payment on 1 item.

Can the buyer cancel this on his end? I just want to have this over and done with. Should I not have relisted the item (I figured I was allowed to since I had confirmation that he did not order this item)? Just a little hassle that I wish I didn't have to deal with.

2. tooz macrumors 6502

Try ringing ebay customer assistance. I have found you are much more likely to get through if you talk to a real person.