Question about Categories and WinterBoard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LSUtigers03, Nov 4, 2008.

1. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I've had to restore twice because of Categories messing up. Can anyone tell me some ways that i can properly use Categories. I know that theres a message when you start the app warning you that using it could be dangerous but I didn't think I was using it improperly. Also since my iphone was restored this morning I don't have WinterBoard yet and my phone is running a lot faster. I want WinterBoard to set themes but I'd like to keep the phone from slowing down. What is it about WinterBoard that causes the phone to slow down?

2. rtztgue macrumors regular

it would be nice to get more info on this topic. I saw the message as well for categories and I read the help section on the bigboss website. BUT, categories seemed so straight forward that I could not see any trouble with it. It has been working perfectly for me.

Just make a categorys, select an icon, add the apps and save. cant see much to go wrong. I have not tried putting a category folder inside another category folder, although I have been tempted to try. Anyone know if this will work?

3. LSUtigers03 thread starter macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Yeah usually I don't have issues but both times I've had to restore its been because Categories goes on an endless cycle after a change is made and the phone never resprings. Then it won't load anymore.

4. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

The problems that can be caused by Categories are caused if you update your OS, or restore your device with apps in folders.

Before you do this, you should always empty your folders!