Question about Categories App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Packersfan27, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I jailbroke my iPhone a few days ago and I just found out about this categories app that puts icons into folders to save space and such.

I am interested in this application, but I have a quick question.

I understand that if you forget to take the icons out of the folders if you delete categories or restore to stock that the icons will still be on the iphone, you just wont be able to open them.

If my iPhone freezes or something and I have to restore, what will I have to do to get the icons back?

Thanks

2. BNZ1 macrumors regular

Na, I did that exact thing today.

Recovered/Wiped Phone, JailBroke, Restored from Backup, Installed SBSettings and went into hidden icons and re-enabled all the hidden (categorised) icons.

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'd heard the same thing, that's why I haven't used that app. I'd love to have my icons in folders because I'm tired of swiping through 8 pages :/

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i downloaded categories, but personally, i like quickgold and just searching for my apps. i guess i use quicksilver so much on my mac it just works better for me.

5. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

The worst thing that can happen is the White Apple Logo of Death, making it necessary to restore again.

It can't really cause any damage--just inconvenience more than anything.

Just remember to empty your folders before making any OS changes.

6. FrederalXpress macrumors newbie

Sometimes...

Sometimes that happens; sometimes it does not. Worst case scenario you can delete the entire folder. Can cause a mess but i have never had anything as serious as a restore happen.