Question about charging iPod for the first time...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Captain Planet, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

So, I've kind of made a thread about this already, but I figured it wasn't really clear. Anyways, I've read in the little booklet that for the best performance, you should fully charge it. And it says about four hours.
    So I wanted to know if I put it for charge now, and I'd go to work, but it would keep on charging past four hours, like eight...would it have any "bad" effects for the iPod? Or does it not make any difference how long you let it charge, even though it's fully charged.

Hope my question makes sense...thanks in advance!

2. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

do be honest i wouldn't have thought it should have any strange affect on the ipod. I think it just powers off the mains once charged, like a macbook does (although i may be wrong!)

having had an ipod for nearly two years now i don't really see this as something you need to worry about, just enjoy it! you'll realise after a while that worrying about stuff like this isn't really necessary.

3. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

I wouldn't think that it would have any negative effect on the iPod. I used to leave my mini charging through the night while I slept. I still do the same thing with my nano. I never saw a problem with my mini, and I definitely have not seen and effect on my nano. I don't think there is anything to worry about...you should be fine.