Question about Chrome (Developers Version) for rMBP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brig2221, Jul 9, 2012.

1. brig2221 macrumors 6502

I am a brand new Mac owner, having recently purchased the new rMBP. I was running the "normal" version of Chrome on my Mac, which did not support the Retina resolution, so everything was fuzzy and out of focus.

I was reading through some of the threads here, and I saw someone post a link to the developers version of Chrome which did support the Retina display. I had previously heard of the Canary version, but I didn't want to load something that (possibly) unstable on my computer.

Anyhow, the developers version of Chrome does support Retina resolutions and renders text and everything else just a beautifully as Safari. The only thing is, it doesn't seem to support swiping (moving forward or backward) between web pages consistently. Sometimes I can move forward or back with the flick of a finger, and sometimes....nothing.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when it does and does not work. Anyone have any thoughts on why that may be?

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

It is the developer's version; you should expect bugs.

3. brig2221 thread starter macrumors 6502

I figured that might be the case, but I was also wondering if there really was some rhyme or reason as to when it would or would not work by design.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I doubt anyone can answer without digging through the code and troubleshooting the problem...

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

just make sure that you're using two fingers. other than that its probably just a bug since its the developers version. its supposed to work, but i haven't tried to use the developer version so i'm not sure if there are problems with swiping forward and back at this time.

6. brig2221 thread starter macrumors 6502

I should have noted that I'm using a Magic Mouse, so I'm only using one finger. I haven't tried using the trackpad to see if it is reacting the same, but I will ;)