Question about Combining Multiple Email Adresses and MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by backfromtejas, Jul 8, 2008.

1. backfromtejas macrumors newbie

Okay, so first of all, I have searched through all of the forums and have not found the answer to my question. So please don't post "search the forums!" as everyone loves to do.

So onto my question,

I currently have 3 work email addresses and 2 personal email addresses. It is a complete hassle and I would like to combine all of these into one. I would like to do this using MobileMe, specifically because of the "push" capabilites. I know that I can forward my other emails to my @me.com address, but will it download the messages I currently have in my inbox?

How many messages can the Mail program on the iPhone store?

Thanks!

2. edmartin macrumors member

I don't know for sure because none of us have MobileMe yet, but...

As you stated, you can forward all account to your @me.com account so new mail is taken care of. As for current mail in inboxes of your other "old" accounts, no, I can't imagine that it will auto-magically appear in your @me.com account. However, using your e-mail client on Mac or PC, you should be able to set up your me account and then just drag & drop your inbox & any saved folders to the me account - and through the "cloud", it should go to all devices.

3. Nicholie macrumors regular

I was wondering this too, as like OP I have a exuberant amount of email addresses in my Mail app on my Mac. 5, to be exact... and thats not counting exchange.

I was my iPhone would be able to receive all of them, or MobileMe would sync them over the air for me. Not necessarily PUSH, but get them somehow.

4. backfromtejas thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm guessing the only thing I can really do is just forward all of my email addresses to my @me.com address. But then the thing that is unfortunate is if I reply, I will be replying from my @me.com address. I know this was discussed before but I don't think anything was decided.

Any other ideas on what would be the best way to do this? Thanks for replying to those of you who did!

5. Nicholie macrumors regular

Bah, nevermind for me. I'm a dolt.

The iPhone supports GMAIL imap out of the box, and now Exchange... plus my mobile me.

That wraps up all 5 my email accounts haha.

6. guitarguy09 macrumors member

When you set up a Gmail account, does the current iPhone allow you to reply with that email address? Because if it does, couldn't we just have all the Gmail emails get sent to MobileMe (so they are pushed) and then when you reply, use the set up email account for it.

Is this possible or does the iPhone make you specify which email address is your "primary" for responses (instead of letting you choose)?