Question about complications (do they update automaticaly?)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kevin86, Apr 27, 2015.

1. kevin86 macrumors member

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have the weather complication on my watch face. It seems to me that the temperature is stuck until I open the weather app or look at the weather glance. The temperature is not updating on it's own.

I just reached out to Apple's chat support and the guy told me that complications do not update. They are static representation of what you last saw in that app. So in order to get the temperature to update you really need to go into the app.

Does that not seem illogical to anyone else? I have it on the face to get a quick view at the weather, not to tell me the temperature I saw in the app 5 hours ago. Very odd.....

2. MarcW macrumors member

MarcW

All the complications I use do indeed update -- temperature, activity, battery, calendar (next appointment). Try adding some others besides temperature to see what happens.

3. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Lol. Completely untrue. I have the weather complication (the complete one, with location, temp, conditions, forecast) and it updates as I move (drive, whatever). It may take a few/ten minutes to update but they sure do.

Sunrise/Sunset updates daily/overnight, of course, also.

I think we need to stop asking the chat folks complicated (no pun intended!) questions. I know they should know but the evidence seems to be otherwise.

To actually try to fix this, reset the watch. I rebooted mine the second day and it seems to have made things work a lot smoother. Now, who knows if it really did anything. :)

4. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

How useless would that be if it were true? Luckily, it is not. There might be a bug keeping your temperature from updating, but generally speaking it should. Maybe try restarting the watch and/or phone.

5. kevin86 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the updates guys. I was so pissed if that was actually the truth. I am restarting both my watch and phone now to see if that helps. Thanks again!

6. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I just rebooted my phone and my watch, and now my temperature is showing again.