Question about complications on watchOS 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 3rdiguy, Sep 18, 2015.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Is it possible to make the activity complication multicolored like it is elsewhere on the watch? I saw a picture where that complication looked as it does in glances. Can you change the color of complications individually in watchOS 2?

2. cowfish macrumors member

When you are in the area where you select the watch face colors, one of the options is "multi-color" the complications have pre-set colors in this setting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Thepixelsedge macrumors regular

The activity rings are not only multicoloured in the "multicolour" modular watch face option... they are multicoloured in the "Utility" watch face as well. However, the modular watch face is the only watch face that currently has a multi-colour option.

I think what the OP was asking is whether there is a way to select which colours your complications are displayed in and the answer to that unfortunately is no. The activity complication now includes a splash of color, but you cannot choose what those colors would be on those two watch faces. As you can see, some of the other complications also have a tiny bit of colour as seen here with the calendar complication.

Perhaps we will see more colourful complications with third party apps. On wednesday I updated The Weather Network app and the complication worked briefly and it had a sun partially behind clouds to signify "partially cloudy"... that icon was in full color however the text indicating temperature was just white text like in the rest of the watch face.

IMG_1544.jpg

4. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Thanks for your replies. I really wanted the Activity complication to be multicolored like show so I can accept if the others are their own colors as well. It's more appealing to me. Thanks again!

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple seems to show this.

[​IMG]

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its too bad that we have less choice in this matter, the multicolor complications are nice. I was hoping to see them on my favorite watch faces - oh well.