Question about composite video cable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lynkynpark86, Nov 5, 2010.

1. lynkynpark86 macrumors 6502

Using the built-in USB connector, can the composite video cable sync my iPhone, or simply charge it? I contacted apple support, and they were pretty persistent that "It can't sync or charge your iPhone, the USB connector is to play video on your TV.".

2. swirlybee macrumors member

I don't know about syncing but it'll charge the phone.

3. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

speaking of these. Ive been looking to get one. Are the cheap $10 ones on ebay ok or are they crap and should I look for a better one?

4. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

It depends on rather you are jailbroken or not. If you are jailbroke then you can buy two apps displayout and resupported 4 and then any one will work. I personally bought a cable for 99 cent and it works great. But if you are not jailbroke then I would recommend the apple's cable Right now Radio Shack has them for 30 dollars.

5. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

It will definitely charge the phone. I use that function all the time. I've only had it connected to the TV, so I don't know if you can use it to sync, but I doubt it.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I know the Apple one will sync and charge the iDevice. I use it all the time in place of the regular sync cable.