Question about contact photo's iOS 7 Beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by KBS756, Jun 28, 2013.

1. KBS756, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

KBS756 macrumors 6502a

In iOS 7 when a contact calls (one who has a photo) the picture shows up in a little bubble next to calling,

is there an option to make this picture appear larger or as a backdrop image instead of just the bubble where you have to look somewhat closely to see it?

[​IMG]

How do I get this to happen?

2. piranhadonna macrumors regular

The photos that I have taken with my phone and then assigned to a contact appear full screen, but a contact with a profile pic from Facebook appear small.

3. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was trying more to use pictures of Anime Characters to be people of importance on my contacts list ... but its weird ... some of them go full screen like the picture I included above and some of them go only the bubble and all of these are pretty large images ...

over 1000 pixels wide ...

I just want it to be consistent and give me a full image every time ...

[​IMG]
    That for example is what I tried to use for my brothers pic but it doesn't work right and resorts to the bubble ... imported from iPhoto...

4. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

It depends. I never actually figured it out why there are small and big photos when some one is calling. Its never really bothered me really but I do have a curiosity why does it do that

5. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hope someone can figure it out so I can force it to work the way I want ... the inability to work uniformly across my main contacts is annoying me ...

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Mine show up full screen when someone calls. I think I manually added pics to each contact rather than get it from Gmail or Facebook.

7. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I manually added the ones I'm using as well I still have some working and some not working full screen ... all through iPhoto and generally parts of anime wall papers

8. mainer4101 macrumors member

I'd like to see that happen too....having a girl that hot call me, that is.

9. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. piranhadonna macrumors regular

That is odd. Hope you can get it figured out.

11. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Redid 4 through the phone app, picture originally added to my phone through iPhoto iTunes sync and all 4 pics at least 1000 pixels wide, yet only 2 of em full screen and 2 of em just refuse to do it and become a little bubble ... I'm lost did the exact same thing for all 4 of em ...

12. muledogus macrumors 6502

Did you compare and contrast which of those contacts are favorites and which are not? I know the contacts in favorites will show their small circle icon next to their names in the phone app. Maybe they default to that circle icon if it's a favorite but if not it pulls up the full screen? Sorry to just ask but I have no way to test it right now.

13. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

all 4 i tried were favorites so it makes little sense to me why this is happening ... not sure if something I'm missing

14. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

In the past, whenever I added an image via Facebook, or through the contacts app on my Mac, I got the small box image. When I added images through the Contacts app only phone, I got the full size images.

15. bollyboy macrumors regular

Same here, photos added via iPhone show full screen photo when someone calls.
    Photos added via Mac which then sync with iCloud to the phone always appear smaller.

16. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

Not perfect, but if you're a Facebook user there is an app calked sync me which will take your friends profile pics from FB and add them to your contacts. The app then gives you the choice whether to use full screen or small icon. As I said-not ideal as you have to go with the pictures your friends use on FB.

17. paultanderberg macrumors newbie

Does it have anything to do with file size? Facebook compresses their photos A LOT. Like down to 100-300kb. Is it possible that if it's going to be grainy at that blown up size, they just do the smaller one? And larger files get the full screen effect?