Question about contacts caller ID photo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rs13, Mar 31, 2009.

1. rs13 macrumors member

I was just wondering why some of my contacts photos photos show up full screen when there calling me and why others so as a lil thumb nail is there any way around this to get them all full screen.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

From another site.

Posted by Mike

One thing that always bugs me with my iPhone address book, is that if I take a photo of a contact using the iPhone itself, then the pic would appear in full screen whenever they called. But if I’ve added the photo to the contact on my Mac, then synced across, it would only ever appear as a small thumbnail in the corner. Even if the photo was large in the pixel department.

Finally, thanks to these guys, I now know the way to make all my contact’s photos appear in full screen when they call.

On the iPhone, simply go to Contacts

Click on the contact you want to make the photo fullscreen for

Click ‘Edit’

Click on the photo

Choose ‘Edit Photo’

Move and Scale if required, or don’t touch

Click ‘Set Photo’

Click ‘Done’

Then simply repeat for all contacts you want to change. This part could take a while (I have 169 in my list), so if someone knows a quicker way, please tell.

Btw, warning - if the original image size is too small, then it will appear pixelated when displayed fullscreen.

3. rs13 thread starter macrumors member

thanx any one else wanna through the 2 cents in?

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

The first respondent is correct. If you added the image in Address Book on your Mac, it makes it the thumbnail.

5. rs13 thread starter macrumors member

i hope apple change this at some point soon it would be nice just to have an option to show full screen picture or a lil thumbnail but i can only hope i guess.