Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Quick question on AT&T contract renewals - I'm eligible to upgrade mine and my wife's launch day 4S iPhones in mid-may...if I did upgrade to the 5 at that point, decide to skip the 5S and get off the "toc" cycle and onto the "tic" cycle with the IPhone 6, does the contract renewal add two years to the end of my current contract, or does the two years just start fresh from the day I upgrade?

I'm thinking if the current contract becomes void upon renewal and the next eligible upgrade is 18 months out from the day I early upgrade, that could put us in a good situation to get an iPhone 6 in fall of next year.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Cool, wonder if they'd bump up our upgrade since it's just a few weeks away...

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
just called AT&T, they said they can only bump the upgrade date in the Apple store starting May 1st, they said they could call an AT&T store and speak to the manager to see if Tthey would put a note on my account and let us stop in today and upgrade in the ATT store, the manager at the store said no (??), so the ATT lady said she could have a manager at her call center override the upgrade date and send the phones out but I declined since returning would be a hassle if there's an issue, and by the time I get it it would almost be the 1st anyway, at which point I'd just go to the Apple store.

Not sure why the ATT store manager said no, but it's two guaranteed lost sales for that store. *shrug*

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
Quick question on AT&T contract renewals - I'm eligible to upgrade mine and my wife's launch day 4S iPhones in mid-may...if I did upgrade to the 5 at that point, decide to skip the 5S and get off the "toc" cycle and onto the "tic" cycle with the IPhone 6, does the contract renewal add two years to the end of my current contract, or does the two years just start fresh from the day I upgrade?

just called AT&T, they said they can only bump the upgrade date........

Just had to ask question: Why didn't you just call AT&T in the first place to get the right answer instead of posting this..... Goodness :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.