Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jinyoungkim7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Maryland, USA
If i'm on a wifi network, no matter how many bars of wifi I have, I won't be using up any of my 2gb of data right?

Also, on a side note, what case do you guys use?

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Some people say that is the best way to maximize your iPhone 4 battery life. However, who really keeps their iphone for long time? So many users get new iPhones every year. Personally, I get new one every 2-3 years, so I don't see any big deal. I charge anytime I want.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
from Apple.com

Use iPhone Regularly
For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Charge Cycles
A properly maintained iPhone battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs.

Let It Breathe
Charging your iPhone while in certain carrying cases may generate excess heat, which can affect battery capacity. If you notice that your iPhone gets hot when you charge it, take it out of its case first.
http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.