Question about delivery time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deftony, Oct 13, 2011.

1. deftony macrumors newbie

So, where I live, UPS ground usually doesn't deliver until around 5pm, but when I look at the UPS tracking page for my iphone 4s, it states it's being shipped via UPS Worldwide Express. When I view the details for UPS Worldwide Express, it lists delivery by 10:30am or noon. Does this mean my phone will be delivered in the morning, or should I expect it around the same time UPS usually delivers?

2. CorbinDallas macrumors member

Where I live UPS normally comes between 4-5pm as well. Last year when I pre-ordered the Iphone 4, it did come in the morning a little after 10am. I'd say you should expect your's in the morning between 10:30-12:00.

3. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

I love your username. That is all

Also, seems UPS will be a hit or miss for time...either it will be by 1030am or noon, or whenever the regular shipments come around

4. deftony thread starter macrumors newbie

That would be awesome. I'm working from home tomorrow, so if I have to sit around til 5 waiting for UPS, I'll go crazy.

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I called UPS since mine is slated as Next Day Air, which is typically 10:30-12:00, and I was worried about getting it TOO early (I'll be gone between about 7-7:30). The rep said "it's a residence? Between 9AM and 7PM." Pretty sure she had no idea what was up, but I expect it in the morning. (Just hopefully not TOO early. 9 would be great!)

6. futch, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

futch macrumors 6502

futch

The phone SHOULD be delivered by noon tomorrow. However, because Apple is more concerned with the phones getting there tomorrow in general and because they are unlikely to make a stink if UPS doesn't get them there by the "guarantee" time, UPS might have some additional leeway they wouldn't have if you or I were shipping a a package via Worldwide Express.

I for one am hopeful my phone will be here by noon tomorrow.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have talked to my UPS driver and he says that all bets are off for tomorrow due to the number of deliveries, but they will all get delivered by the end of the day unless you live in the country where UPS does not deliver on a daily basis.

8. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I think it's the luck of the draw. UPS usually comes by my home some where in the 4-5pm timeframe. When the iPhone 4 was delivered on the day it was released, UPS came about 10am.

9. oHai macrumors member

My local UPS truck usually comes late afternoon as well. Hoping tomorrow's an exception :)

10. oshia86 macrumors regular

How are all of you at home at those times? Does anyone have a day job?

11. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I work from home but actually am off tomorrow. The UPS truck swings past my house several times a day with the last one being ca. 5 pm. I'm hoping that since the UPS driver digs me, he might deliver mine on the first trip through. :)

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

My gf will be home.

13. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

wfh ftw

14. oshia86 macrumors regular

<--- Jealous.

I'm stuck either pre-signing, or just having to pick it up from the hub once it returns.

If I presigned, is there a way I could direct them to leave the package at the back door, to keep it out of sight?

15. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I'm sure if you left a note they would oblige. Worth a shot anyway?

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yes, on the presign notice, it is possible to tell the driver to put it at whatever location you desire.

17. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I had vacation scheduled this week anyway, though for Monday and Tuesday. I had stuff that needed done on Tuesday, so I asked my boss if I could switch Tuesday to Friday and I got the go ahead. If I didn't already have vacation scheduled for this week, I'd be calling UPS to hold at their location and would either get it tomorrow evening or Monday.

18. -Ozzy- macrumors member

I need a wife @ home ASAP to get my 4s.

If you wanna marry me, PM me.

19. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

UPS delivery time commitments don't apply to "special contracts", which almost certainly applies to the Apple pre-order shipments. So, could come any time during the day. There are other threads that discuss this & link to applicable language in the UPS terms & conditions pubs.

20. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I really like you, but, I think...we should just be friends.

You're like a brother to me!

21. jalpert macrumors 6502

Ha. Knowing UPS they will just chuck it over your fence.

22. snakesayan macrumors member

I work from 11 am to 6pm 2morrow. I ordered from Sprint. Im near Chicago, and since Kentucky is only a few hours away is their a chance that I may get it before I go to work.. Im so nervous I wont be home!

I hope UPS passes by before 11 am!