Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac&cheesey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Hi,

I've noticed in the February desktops thread (in the Pictures category) that some people have their drive icon names appearing beside the icon rather than beneath it. How do you do this? Also, some of the photos show the size of the drive as well as how much space is left. How do you do this?

See this post for what I'm talking about...
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/7033274/

Also, in that same post, can anyone tell me what the program is that shows the currently playing track on iTunes?

Thanks for the help,
m&c

mac&cheesey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
okay... figured out the iTunes on the desktop

Okay, I figured out the answer to the iTunes on the desktop question. I installed BowTie and the themes.

Any answers about the words in the dock instead of the icons though?

Thanks,
m&c

Cboss

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2008
Colorado
I've noticed in the February desktops thread (in the Pictures category) that some people have their drive icon names appearing beside the icon rather than beneath it. How do you do this? Also, some of the photos show the size of the drive as well as how much space is left. How do you do this?

If you right click on the desktop you will get the options to move the icon names to the sides and show the extra info about them.

mac&cheesey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks Cboss

Thanks. I learn something new every day! Much appreciated.

Now I'm just hung up on trying to figure out the words in the dock instead of the icons.

Regards,
m&c

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Thanks. I learn something new every day! Much appreciated.

Now I'm just hung up on trying to figure out the words in the dock instead of the icons.

Regards,
m&c

Those are just custom designed replacement icons. One popular set of them called "The Kobhens" can be downloaded from this site.

Others can be found on the MacThemes forums and other places on the net. Another popular similar set there is "BLOB 3"- the thread is here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.