Question about dictating

Discussion in 'iPad' started by z06gal, Aug 30, 2011.

1. z06gal macrumors 6502

I picked up an ipad 2 today for my husband to use at work for his patients' medical records info. He simply signs into the tsi healthcare login [citrix client] and pulls his patients list up for that day. How do you dictate within the program? He uses dragon naturally speaking on his desktop but wants to be able to use in in the patient room. I installed the dragon dictate app but can't see how to bring it up within the program once he gets to the dictation area. Thanks for any help. :)

Robin

2. ruvil macrumors regular

You i don't think he can use dragon dictate within his citrix client, but i can however use the option to copy the text from dragon dictate and paste it in the client instead.

3. z06gal thread starter macrumors 6502

I did find that he can copy/paste dictation but I am going to see how Splashtop does. ;)

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

you can record notes (something like recorder pro) and have dragon dictate process them later, i think. that probably won't do you a lot of good, but the problem is that the ipad has no multitasking, so you cannot have dragon dictate running at the same time.

5. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

Direct future questions about dictating to Kim Jong Il

He's the expert.