Question about direct fulfillment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagz, Jul 13, 2008.

1. dagz macrumors newbie

So currently I'm on backorder on my iphone with both freight and the phone itself.. who knows when they are going to ship.

My question is that say for example if I goto my at&t store tomorrow where I ordered the phone and wait on the lines, will they give me a phone from the store and cancel my pre-order? What if I just ask for a refund and just re-buy the phone? Will any of this work? or am I screwed for the week?

2. oban14 macrumors 6502a

Just wait for it to ship.

3. dagz thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple Iphone 16 Gb 3g Blk Phone: Usually ships in 5-7 days.

7 days+ shipping+2 days (?)= 9-10 days. Hell it could even be the weekend by then and they don't ship in the weekends do they? I'd rather go wait on line for a few hours than to wait 10 days for this phone. Ontop of that my old phone just broke.. and barely works without the charger since the battery is all screwed up.. so yeah...

4. oban14 macrumors 6502a

If my phone were broken I might feel differently. But there is no way I'm waiting in line with a bunch of fanbois and wanna be ebay profiteers.

5. dagz thread starter macrumors newbie

Well erm.. back on topic. Does anyone know if what I asked is possible at all?

6. calvy macrumors 65816

If you ordered it through direct fulfillment, no they won't replace it with one in stock (assuming they get any in stock). You got sucked into it like I did last year. Last year, I ordered direct fulfill, got it on Tuesday after the initial sale, but I also found on in store on the saturday after the launch, and ended up with 2 before I got mine from AT&T.

You can return it unopened for a full refund, minus any shipping costs you may have paid though.

7. dagz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm did it ship on a friday last year? Just trying to get an idea of how long this is going to take for me. Even tho mine swapped from it saying it was and then it wasn't on back order. I guess tuesday wouldn't be that horrible.

See i'd love to call at&t to see whats going in with my black 16g iphone thats on backorder. I read around the forums that people called at&t.. but when I tried to call it says they are closed on the weekends. I'm wondering if just the white ones are in stock? or are the black ones in stock too. Guess i'll have to call tomorrow if it doesn't ship to find out whats going on.

8. calvy macrumors 65816

Nope. It shipped the Monday after June 29th last year, and I paid for overnight shipping to my house, so it got there on Tuesday. I was impatient though and found out the next day (Saturday) that Apple still had the one I wanted in stock, and I bought it from them, planning to return the one to AT&T that I had direct fulfilled. My experience from last year has made me not want to deal with the direct fulfilment from AT&T this year. However, with the lines and the supply currently, I'm wondering if maybe I should have gone that route this time. As it is I'm sitting here with no 3G iPhone and my girlfriend is getting sick of my whining.

9. dagz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm well hopefully last years direct fulfillment was worse than this year. Since Apple probably has more of them in stock than they do last year.. so hopefully it won't take 6-7 days this time around like it did last year.

10. PrimeXample macrumors newbie

according to my ATT store.......NO WAY

What a bunch of BS

11. El Carbonite macrumors regular

You can cancel your pre-order/direct fulfillment if there is a unit available in the store as long as the DF hasn't shipped.