Question about DiskAid

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BigFatCow, May 10, 2011.

1. BigFatCow macrumors newbie

My external hard drive just crashed and luckily, I had all my music on my iphone. I now want to transfer all the music back off the iphone to my new hard drive. I heard a lot of good things about DiskAid allowing for the iphone to be used in disk mode. My main concern was how difficult would it be to recognize my music files on the iphone since I heard that iOS garbles up the file names when they are stored on the iphone. Also, would I be able to keep all my playlists on iTunes or would I need to make them all over again?

2. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Why not download and run the free trial version and see if it suits. I believe the free version has a download limit, but if you need more and the iPhone is the only thing holding all your music, and the programme suits, then look upon the paid version as the cost of a lesson in backing up HDD's.

I'm pretty sure the track titles will be recoverable with their 'normal' titles, not the apple code, when using Diskaid. But try the trial version to make sure.