Question about Display and Cases

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Crazysah, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Crazysah macrumors member

Hello guys,

I have a question about the display and cases.

1. How is the display in sunlight/on a bright day? Are you able to read on it? Watch movies?
    2. What is the best case for this that also doubles up as a stand?
    3. I'm going to be using this as my computer for the next 2 months. (Waiting for Ivy Bridge) Would I be missing out on anything not having a laptop?

Thanks,
    Crazysah

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you are talking about the third generation iPad no one here will know until it is released.

Yes

3. GoGa macrumors regular

GoGa

1. How is the display in sunlight/on a bright day? Are you able to read on it? Watch movies?
    Not very good (at least with my iPad 2). You can just about see everything in the screen, it's usable but only just..

3. I'm going to be using this as my computer for the next 2 months. (Waiting for Ivy Bridge) Would I be missing out on anything not having a laptop?
    Not that much, only if you do heavy video/photo editing, or graphic design type things. I use my iPad for about 90% of my computing and much prefer using it!

4. Crazysah thread starter macrumors member

I think it'll have to do for about two months for me. Don't want to buy a non Ivy bridge laptop right now.

And if I can just about see everything in bright light, then that is good. I'll make do with that.

How many HD movies can I store on the 16GB version?

Crazysah

5. boxster99t macrumors member

If by HD movies you mean 1080P, a few--with a file size between 3-4 GB each (you can check 1080P file sizes in iTunes now), 4 would not fit with any room remaining for apps, books, and other content ect...

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

You may want to invest in a bluetooth keyboard or one of the cases that has a keyboard built-in, if you're planning on using the iPad as your main computer for a couple months. Depending on what you intend to use it for, of course.

7. Crazysah thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot guys.

Two more questions;

1. Can I use this without having to connect it to a computer at all? Also, can I use iTunes on a public computer to transfer music and videos to the iPad?
    2. Supposing I use it for two months. Can I reformat it to the stock version to give it to my mom to use? Or what do I have to do?

8. Crazysah thread starter macrumors member

And last question;

What about multitasking? Can I use teamviewer and Skype at the same time?

9. Crazysah thread starter macrumors member

10. GoGa macrumors regular

GoGa

1. Can I use this without having to connect it to a computer at all? Also, can I use iTunes on a public computer to transfer music and videos to the iPad?
    Yes, you can use & setup your iPad without a computer, and iCloud will also back your iPad up every night. I am not sure about using a public computer question though.
    2. Supposing I use it for two months. Can I reformat it to the stock version to give it to my mom to use? Or what do I have to do?
    Yes, you just go to settings, reset and select 'Erase all content and settings' and it will restore your iPad to factory settings.
    What about multitasking? Can I use teamviewer and Skype at the same time?
    Yes you can do that, I just tried it with an audio call and it all works in the background, I'm not sure if your camera will work in the background though.

11. Crazysah thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot. Is there any way to get my music off my external hard drive and onto my iPad without using a personal laptop (I don't have one!)

Crazysah