Question about display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Champ0216, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Champ0216 macrumors newbie

Champ0216

Complete beginner and need some help. I bought a new battery for my MB pro mid 2015. And I followed the guide to the tee. When I went to open it back up I heard the chime. It gave me a very brief screen like it was on but the screen was still black. To clarify the screen was “lit” but the screen was black only for a brief second. The fans kick on high for a couple of minutes but no display. Any guess as to what I screwed up?

The charger cable has the green dot so idk if it’s the battery. I went back and double checked every cable was perfectly in place but is there a specific one that handles the display?

2. Champ0216 thread starter macrumors newbie

Champ0216

3. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

Turn on the machine, shine a very bright light either through the Apple logo or at a sharp angle against the screen to see if you can see a faint image in the screen.

Can you see an image on an external monitor?

4. smirking macrumors 68020

smirking

This is probably not it, but it only takes a moment to try it. Press the display brightness up button to make sure it's not that the screen brightness is turned all the way down. This has happened to me a few times after power issues and I'm not sure why. I didn't do anything set the brightness to zero.

5. Champ0216 thread starter macrumors newbie

Champ0216

I see a very faint apple logo. I think it’s like the white apple when you first turn on your computer with the white bar at the bottom with a black background but it is very faint. I’ve left it for about an hour with nothing.

I tried hitting the brightness up button. Nothing.

6. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

If you can see something, it's probably a backlight issue and I think it is the fuse that may need to have replaced.