Question about Dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iraklis01, Jan 8, 2010.

1. iraklis01 macrumors newbie

Hello to all!!

It is possible to emphasize an icon of dock when any window of this aplication is in use?

I know that all active aplications have a small icon down, but i want that icon to be different when is in use and the window is open.

Anybody know if I can do it with MAC OS or any alternative program?.

Thanks for your support!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Hope I'm understanding you correctly, but, do you know about the little bluish white dot by the icons? That indicates the application is open. I think the dot is not quite as apparent if your Dock is on the side as it is at the bottom.

3. lpobsession2005 macrumors member

yeah i think that might be what he meant by "I know that all active aplications have a small icon down". I think what he's looking for is an entirely different icon when it's running. Or maybe a tweak that will, say, make the whole icon green or something. That'd be sweet

4. samh macrumors 6502

I understand his request to be asking for a way to highlight the ACTIVE application in the dock to distinguish the active program from other open apps.

5. lpobsession2005 macrumors member

OHHHH i get it. like if he has four programs running, the program that he has selected in the foreground will be like, illuminated in the dock or something. Man I hope someone knows of a way to do this lol

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Ok, but the active program is identified in the upper left corner on the Menu bar.

7. iraklis01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, but I would like to distinguish in the dock the active program from other open apps.

Thanks for your support again.