Question about dot mac (.mac)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Spanky Deluxe, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Can you send emails from custom email addresses from other domains? I have a whole slew of domain names and use lots of different email addresses all the time. If I signed up for .mac, I wouldn't ever want to use the asdasds@mac.com email address. Its kind of a deal breaker if they don't do it and I'd be very surprised if they don't since Yahoo's Mail Pro service does let you do that and is a fraction of the price.
    I'd really like .mac for the syncing alone.

2. wngraham macrumors regular

Unfortunately no, which is a bit silly as GMail does it for free.

You can create aliases, which are different addresses that all re-direct to your primary .mac email addy, but as far as actually sending mail from addresses associated with other domains, no.

3. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

That sucks big time. I guess Apple won't be getting my money after all!! Now if only there was a way that I could get Yahoo! Mail Pro to sync my contacts with iSync and the Address Book.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You can use all the other .mac services without using the .mac email address. Yes, you'll get a .mac email address as part of the package but no-one is going to force you to use it, you can still use the email address you are using now.

5. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

and apple need the money so they can do something else besides make iPhones for USA