question about dropped calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psywzrd, Mar 8, 2011.

1. psywzrd, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

psywzrd macrumors 68030

When a call is dropped, is there any way to know which person dropped the call? I know that the iphone displays "Call Failed" when a call drops, but that only shows briefly and it's not like I'm looking at my phone while I'm on a call. For example, I was driving the other day, my phone was in my pocket and I was using my bluetooth speakerphone. The call dropped and I had no way of knowing if it was me who dropped the call or if it was the person I was talking to. Is there an app or something that can keep a log of these things?

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

That level of information is pretty much limited to the carrier - the end user isn't going to know that and the carrier is doubtful that they will share that with you.

3. stev3n macrumors 6502

There is an app called "AT&T Mark the Spot" that allows you to report Dropped Calls.

4. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I know - I have that app. That app is really not effective or practical when you're driving though. Plus I don't want to report a dropped call to AT&T unless I know for a fact that I'm the one who dropped a call. I wish there was an app or some other way for end users to track dropped calls.

5. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

The last things that carriers want the public to know is how often their flagship phones drop calls.

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

just report the drooped call and let the carriers sort it out..and in my case the "call failed" screen stays until I press call or cancel

7. EvilEvil macrumors 6502

EvilEvil

AT&T should have the same program Sprint had years ago that reimburses its customers every time they experience a dropped call.