Question about DVDs to YouTube and Facebook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LegendMBA, Mar 22, 2011.

1. LegendMBA macrumors newbie

Before you guys get irritated, I've spent the last three hours trying to figure out how to do this. I've searched YouTube tutorials, this forum, and google, and still can't quite figure out exactly what to do in order to make this happen.

What I have, and what I am trying to do: I have a DVD of the Georgia AAAAA High School 2001 Wrestling State Finals that I am trying to get onto my Mac, then cut up into each separate match (although the matches aren't congruent with the chapters) so I can then load them onto YouTube/Facebook. I have quite a few friends from my HS who wrestled in the state finals that year, and would really appreciate it/laugh if I were to get these posted, so I'd like to make this happen. (Also, our HS 10 year reunion is coming up, so it could provide some entertainment there as well).

Progress over the last 3 hours: I've downloaded Handbrake, and am currently ripping the DVD to my desktop (although it said there was a VLC problem regarding 64 bits even after I downloaded the latest version of VLC 32/64 bit, and JUST the 64 bit when I got the same error). After it gave me the error the third time, I selected "Attempt to Burn anyway"

I have Mac OS X v 10.6.6 and a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

Any help would really be appreciated, and I promise that I tried to hold off as long as possible before I posted this question here. :confused:

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

you need to fix the handbrake/vlc issue first.
    really all you need is to have both vlc and handbrake in /Applications/
    that should solve that.
    when you get them ripped just use imovie to cut them up into whatever chapters (matches) youd like.

3. LegendMBA thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much. VLC was just added to applications. :D

Should I cancel the one that is currently ripping?

4. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Yes, if something comes up wrong, then you wasted that time of not canceling.

Also for your other concerns, after handbrake outputs a file, I imagine it will be one file for the whole DVD... You can import the video file handbrake created into iMovie and work with that to chop it up into clips and create individual video clips to upload to Youtube.

I'm not very well experienced with iMovie, but I know you need to create a project to work with your handbrake movie file, probably need to do 1 project per clip you want for uploading to Youtube. From within the project window is where you can trim the video to just the portion you want to create for each video clip. When you're done with the project, you'll want to export it and upload it to Youtube from your browser or use the Share menu in iMovie to share it to do the uploading.